Jack Teachey, who made the calls for Wofford's defense this season, has heard a calling from a higher source to leave the team and football altogether. READ MORE
Gaffney entertainment site The Big E gets a new look
- Spartanburg District 1 mourning loss of teacher who collapsed at Mabry Middle School
Hundreds brave the cold to see the Christmas parade in Spartanburg
St. Paul's dedicates new 12,000-square-foot church
- Piedmont Community Actions ordered to repay nearly $136,000 in federal funds
USC standout Clowney clocked going 110 mph
- Artistic community lobbies Hub-Bub to reinstate Showroom director Stephen Long
GM CEO known for approachability, effectiveness
- Myrtle Beach lodging revenue, admission taxes up
- Pay gains for young women; inequality still seen
- SC Works to host job fair Wednesday for quality inspector positions
Poll: Economic fragility concerns the 'new rich'
BMW on course for full-year sales record
Big tech companies lash out at government snooping
South Carolina sugar cane used to make Charleston rum
- Chesnee joins parks tax district
- USC economists: SC jobs, income will grow in 2014
12 days of holiday cookies: Recipe for peanut butter and jelly cookies 3:15 AM
Holiday cookies: Recipe for apple-orange spice drops
- Slow cooker can be holiday helper
- Goodfellows: Spreading Christmas cheer
- 12 days of holiday cookies: Recipe for mango marshmallow bars
- Goodfellows sets sights on $19,000
Very Merry TV
Dinner at 7
On the Matt
Be social. Connect with us.
Greer police searching for 15-year-old girl reported missing by mother
- Spartanburg man, 22, dies in prison while playing basketball
Buffalo woman accused of setting fire to home
Spartanburg man accused of aggravated assault
Sherman College of Chiropractic to collaborate with Medical School of Southeast University in China
- Belk expanding facility, creating 170 jobs in Union County
- Man killed in shooting inside Greenville apartment
- SC Supreme Court orders mom's acquittal in toddler's death
- SMC survives cold spell to beat Roane State, 79-75
Panthers return to work energized
- McNeil leads Limestone women past Carson Newman
- Area briefs: Dorman Classic to be held Dec. 27-30
North-South scoreboard awaits workout Saturday
Area briefs: Clowney, Quarles, Davis honored by SEC
High school sports news and scores
Take a look at our high school sports website, which includes team pages, rosters and Facebook comments.
A look at the year's best sounds of the holidays 3:15 AM
Upstate trio Joie celebrates new album with Greenville show 3:15 AM
'Stepping Up': Dec. 12 3:15 AM
- Greenville briefs: Skating at Bon Secours Wellness Arena opens Dec. 21 3:15 AM
Show of the week: Southern Culture on the Skids 3:15 AM
- Hottest ticket: Billy Joel at PNC Arena in Raleigh 3:15 AM
- Ex-cop acquitted in retrial over deadly shooting 40 min ago
- AP Top News at 4:18 a.m. EST 48 min ago
- AP Newsbreak: Western governors show wildlife maps 3:55 AM
- A look at the congressional budget agreement 3:18 AM
- Clean plate: MLB intends to ban collisions at home 3:08 AM
- Von Trapps' Vt. lodge taps interest in new musical 3:02 AM
- Work starts on Newtown-inspired 'Child's Requiem' 2:53 AM
- Sentence in Texas teen's fatal DWI wreck stirs ire 2:39 AM
- Oil near $97 after rise in US gasoline supplies 2:12 AM
- Atkins, Olin
- Berry, Ellen Dean
- Brown, Ann Revell Chadeayne
- Brownlee, Ruby C.
- Champion, Destiny Lee
- Champion, Linda
- Collins, Howard
- Fincher, James Eugene "Jim"
- Floyd, Mamie Rebecca
- Foster, James L.
- Fridy, Tom A.
- Garrett, Julia Coreen
- Gregory, Clyde
- Lewis, Andrew J.
- Mullins, Harry
- Phillips, Pauline
- Powell, Harold Dean
- Solano, Bertha Mae McCombs
- Wilson, Paul David
2013 Stroller Cookbook available online
The 2013 Stroller Cookbook is now available online at GoUpstate.com/cookbook2013, or just click the headline above. This year's theme: Meat and potatoes
Herald-Journal fundraising program
The Herald-Journal supports the local community by providing a way for schools, sports teams, non-profit organizations, churches, etc. to raise money selling daily newspaper subscriptions.
2013 Medical Directory database
New 2013 version now available. A searchable guide to health services available in the Upstate
Share your photos
It's easy to share your photos by posting them to MyPhotos. Why not follow this link and give it a try?
November Clip It Now
Our guide to the best deals in the Upstate. November 2013 edition now available
What's the best in Spartanburg?
Readers cast more than 800 ballots in this year's Best of Spartanburg survey. Visit this page for a look at each winner.
Purchase photo reprints
All staff photos are available for reprint in various sizes
Open Houses Guide
Every week we map the open houses available
Read the latest content and subscribe here. Winter 2013/2014 issue is now available
Be a participant in Celebrate Community
Upstate public salaries database
View the latest salaries database of public employees earning more than $50,000 for Spartanburg, Union and Cherokee counties.